6 axis force/torque sensor is also called 6 axis F/T sensor or 6 axis loadcell, which measures forces and torques in 3D space (Fx, Fy, Fz, Mx, My and Mz). The muti-axis force sensors are used in many fields including automotive and robotics. The force/torque sensors can be divided into two groups:Matrix-Decoupled: The forces and moments are obtained by pre-m…
6 axis force/torque sensor is also called 6 axis F/T sensor or 6 axis loadcell, which measures forces and torques in 3D space (Fx, Fy, Fz, Mx, My and Mz). The muti-axis force sensors are used in many fields including automotive and robotics. The force/torque sensors can be divided into two groups:
Matrix-Decoupled: The forces and moments are obtained by pre-multiplying a 6X6 decoupling matrix to the six output voltages. The decoupling matrix can be found from the calibration report supplied with the sensor.
Structurally Decoupled: The six output voltages are independent, each of which represents one of the forces or moments. The sensitivity can be found from the calibration report.
To select a right sensor model for a particular application, one should consider the following factors:
1. Measurement Range
The maximum forces and moments that are possibly applied to the subject need to be estimated. Special attention should be paid to the maximum moments. Select a sensor model with capacity of about 120% to 200% of the possible maximum loads (forces & moments). Note that the overload capacity of the sensor cannot be considered as typical “capacity”, since it is designed for accidental usage when mis-handling.
2. Measurement Accuracy
Typical SRI 6 axis force/torque sensor has nonlinearity and hysteresis of 0.5%F.S., crosstalk of 2%. The nonlinearity and hysteresis are 0.2%F.S. for high accuracy model (M38XX series).
3. External Dimensions and Mounting Methods
Select a sensor model with as large dimensions as possible. Larger force/torque sensor typical provides higher moment capacity.
4. Sensor Output
We have both digital and analog output force/torque sensors.
EtherCAT, Ethernet, RS232 and CAN are possible for digital output version.
For the analog output version, we have:
a. Low voltage output – the sensor output is in millivolt. An amplifier is required before data acquisition. We have a matching amplifier M830X.
b. High voltage output – embedded amplifier is installed inside the sensor
Regarding low or high voltage output sensor model, the analog signal can be converted into digital by using the interface box M8128/M8126, with EtherCAT, Ethernet, RS232 or CAN communication.
SRI Sensor Series
6 Axis F/T sensor (6 axis Loadcell)
· M37XX series: ø15 to ø135mm, 50 to 6400N, 0.5 to 320Nm, overload capacity 300%
· M33XX series: ø104 to ø199mm, 165 to 18000N, 15 to 1400Nm, overload capacity 1000%
· M35XX series: extra thin 9.2mm, ø30 to ø90mm, 150 to 2000N, 2.2 to 40Nm, overload capacity 300%
· M38XX series: high accuracy, ø45 to ø100mm, 40 to 260N, 1.5 to 28Nm, overload 600% to 1000%
· M39XX series: large capacity, ø60 to ø135mm, 2.7 to 291kN, 96 to 10800Nm, overload capacity 150%
· M361X series: 6 axis force platform, 1250 to10000N，500 to 2000Nm, overload capacity 150%
· M43XX series: ø85 to ø280mm, 100 to 15000N, 8 to 6000Nm, overload capacity 300%
Single Axis Force Sensor
· M21XX series, M32XX series
Robot Joint Torque Sensor
· M2210X series, M2211X series
Loadcell for Auto Durability Test
· M411X series, M341X series, M31XX series